Friday, April 19, 2013

Software In the Classroom

Here are a few of the websites that I use pretty often in my classroom. 

Our students like to do Math Facts In A Flash. Our students log on just as the were taking an AR (Accelerated Reader) test. This program is provided by Renaissance Learning. Teachers can set up student level, and also track progress. It is a great site for all ages! Here is a link to give you more information:
Math Facts In A Flash

PBS KIds is one of our favorite things to play! The kids love being able to watch videos and also play all of the games/activities. We also love to play on the ABC Ya website. The kids play these games in the computer lab for the most part. 

Our school has an Education City subscription. This website has excellent math and science games. I like that you can search through the games by concepts taught. The following link will give you information about the site and you can sign up for a free subscription:
Education City


3 comments:

  1. I think PBS kids is a wonderful website for children. Although there is a variety of websites that children should not be on, this is a great interactive website that allows a child to have fun while learning. My schools also has recently implemented Math Facts in a Flash! We love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also use education city and I love it because it gives me data that I use for documentation and for intervention. We love PBSKids as well. I have never seen Math Facts in a Flash before, but I will be looking through this link to find more information. It looks very interesting! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of this is new to me, of course. However, I am sending text and forwarding info to teachers at my daughters school with all of these new ideas. They've added many of the apps to our newly delivered ipads in each classroom. :) I'm eager to check into Math Facts in a Flash as well. I had no idea Renaissance had a math component. I hope it is an "out-of-the-park-homerun" like Accelerated Reader. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete